Two-Day Institute: A unique opportunity for extended in-depth literacy training with two internationally noted literacy professionals.
Presenters: Jan Richardson and Michele Dufresne
Who Should Attend:
Literacy leaders and school and/or district coaches seeking to support the teaching model outlined in Jan’s best-selling resource The Next Step Forward in Guided Reading. Our Institute is also ideal for those literacy professionals preparing to directly train teachers in implementing Literacy Footprints, a Complete System to Support Guided Reading.
· Using running records to assess and monitor progress
· Analyzing data to form flexible student groups
· Planning word study based on students’ needs
· Preparing teachers to understand the Next Step framework
· Incorporating comprehension strategies in reading instruction
· Building knowledge of the literacy process
· Demonstrating and prompting for strategic actions
· Reading and writing as reciprocal processes
· Teaching struggling readers using effective methods
Pricing Information: The cost of this institute is $685 and includes the following:
· two full institute days
· course book prepared specifically for this institute
· lunch for two days
· institute tote bag including sample books and lesson cards
· reception at Pioneer Valley Books on Monday evening
· personalized certificate of attendance with a value of 16 class participation hours
A discounted rate of $615 per person is available if you register three or more people from a single district at the same time.
Monday, July 31 – Tuesday, August 1, 2017
Hadley & Northampton, MA
Special hotel rates of $85-$115 per room; information available after registration is complete.